The GLSL respects each individual’s right to personal privacy. The GLSL will collect and use information through our website only in the ways disclosed in this statement. This statement applies solely to information collected on the GLSL website.
The GLSL collects the following information from registered individuals through their website:
- Players: Name, OSA registration number, date of birth, team and club
- Team coaches and administrators: Name, OSA registration number, contact information, team and club
- Club contacts: Name, contact information, and club
- League directors and administrators: Name and contact information
The GLSL collect the following general, demographic data that is not personally identifiable information:
- GLSL website usage statistics
- Browser type statistics
This information is used by E2E to help improve the service to the users and members of the GLSL.
The following information about registered users may be entered into the GLSL database by third parties or other registered members:
- goals scored
- disciplinary issues such as cards and suspensions
The GLSL collects the above information through online roster forms, automatic logging files, game result forms, and referee report and special incident forms.
Roster forms are completed by a coach or team administrator and are used to collect information about the player for the operation of the GLSL. The information is used by the coach to print game sheets for each game, and for input to the discipline process. Player names are not visible on the public website.
Automatic logging files are used to track server and webpage usage, as well as additional information such as browser type. This information is collected automatically when a user accesses the GLSL website.
Information related to a player, but not entered by them, such as goals scored, shutouts, and disciplinary issues are collected by coaches, team administrators and referees through online game and referee reports as part of the GLSL league management system. This information is required to operate the GLSL.
Banner advertising may appear on the GLSL website, but does not collect any information.
Information gathered through the GLSL website is used for the sole purpose of league operations which includes
- registering players, coaches and administrators with the GLSL
- league statistics such as goal scorers and shutouts
- discipline statistics such as suspensions
- an improved user experience by helping to improve the design of the site to better match website usage trends.
The GLSL offer links to other websites. When clicking on links to other websites, we encourage you to read their privacy policies. Their standards may differ from the GLSL's.
The GLSL will notify you with a posting on the GLSL homepage if the policy on information collection or uses changes.
Restricting Public Information
Player’s name is not shown on the public GLSL website.
Individual player information may accessed by the team coach for the purposes of team operations (printing game sheets, etc), and by the referee and team coach for reporting game results (e.g. Discipline).
A player’s name that is withheld from public view can still be seen by the following registered users:
- The player’s team members, coach and team administrators
- The coach and team administrators from other teams in the player’s age group
- The player’s club directors and administrators
- The league directors and administrators
If problems arise, users may contact the GLSL by email, phone or post.
Data Storage and Security
The GLSL website uses a league management system provided by E2E Soccer. As such, information is stored and transmitted by servers owned by E2E Soccer. E2E Soccer is solely an agent of storage, transmission and processing of the GLSL database information. They will not sell, share or otherwise disclose any of the GLSL database information except to third parties specified by the GLSL through the policies listed above.
GLSL protects user information by storage on firewall protected servers with secure databases.